Being safe at work
The incidence of violence in the workplace is rising. In response, employers are seeking practical solutions to combat risks and provide their employees with a safe working environment that minimises exposure to intimidation, threat, abuse and assault.
Cogent Thinking’s Workplace Violence Reduction Program is a ‘whole-of-organisation’ approach (top down, bottom up) to the effective identification, management and minimisation of occupational violence risks. Tailored to every organisation and the specific needs of the workforce, their duties and environment, the program works at both the executive and operational levels of a business to ensure organisational, cultural and behavioural change for the long term.
As part of the ongoing, consultative Workplace Violence Reduction Program, Cogent Thinking will:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to evaluate current occupational violence risk and processes
- Establish benchmarks to review the effectiveness of future strategies
- Provide education on best practice principles, policies and practical strategies that assist in the reduction of occupational violence risk and, if an incident does occur, how to best manage the adverse effect on employee health and wellbeing
- Facilitate face-to-face training sessions aimed at the development and implementation of effective, evidence-based occupational violence prevention and management strategies
- Undertake collaborative reviews of the effectiveness of newly implemented prevention and management strategies with business managers
The Workplace Violence Reduction Program is undertaken by highly experienced Cogent Thinking consultants who are skilled in occupational health and safety, risk management, organisational change and psychological health.
To learn more, please contact Dolores Hidic, Cogent Thinking Operational Lead, on 03 8648 0933 or via firstname.lastname@example.org